Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Miss Scrapbooking

The other night while we had friends over we got on the subject of Disneyland and Disneyworld, which in turn brought up scrapbooking. Or should I say, the vast amount of stuff I have yet to scrapbook.

Let’s see, with an entire area devoted to scrapbooking in my craft room, one would think I’d be able to simply sit at the desk (yes, even a desk and stool!) and work on a few pages here and there. However, my craft room is in a nearly constant state of chaos, and the desk is usually covered in random unrelated crap. I could blame my scrapbooker’s block on having not printed pictures in nearly four years, but I have so many pictures already printed, many in their own box with the paper, album and other scrapbookables, that this excuse is bullhonky.

So perhaps today after I finish the ladybug mobile I’m working on for my Etsy shop, wash the dishes, go grocery shopping, make a pirate ship out of Rice Krispie Treats and cover it in fondant and make fondant pirates for a cake order this weekend I can work on a page or two, probably from our wedding. I know that once I start that will be all that I need to gain momentum and finish one of them at least.

Of course, my partner came up with an excellent way to scrapbook our random collage of crap (greeting cards, plays and programs, funeral programs, newspaper clippings and pictures) which is to separate everything by year and make a scrapbook for each year. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this. I will still make the special scrapbooks, like big vacations and life events, but by making yearbooks so to speak, it will not only give a purpose to some of the random stuff I like to keep (even the not so pleasant stuff) but also reflect our lives together. Isn’t that the purpose of a scrapbook anyway?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a yearbook for each year. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also,in your opinion, where are the best places to get scrapbooking papers/cardstock in the Vancouver/Portland area? I checked Jo-Ann's, but they didn't have anything that caught my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I haven't bought much in the way of scrapbooking materials since I was a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The few items I have gotten were from the places I visited on vacation (like Disneyland, Disneyworld.) But I agree, the big box stores really don't carry the unique stuff. I'll keep my eye out for a good store for us!

    ReplyDelete