Saturday, April 9, 2011

Packing and Packing

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous but I was working most of it. Today is supposed to be somewhat the same, albeit with a few more clouds, but I’ll be spending it packing stuff up.

While I started packing up the craft room last week, pulling everything out of the closet and going through it and packing what I could, there is still quite a bit of stuff in there I need to go through. An assload of rubber stamps and scrapbooking stuff, a third of which has never even been used, and the bookcase full of books, photo albums and magazines are what I’m not looking forward to. Ugh. Perhaps I just need to go in without thinking and just start boxing it all.

Sadly I am having a hard time realizing that we only have a week until we start moving into the house we’ll be renting. Of course, my brain is focused on other things as well, such as the wedding cake order I took months ago before we found out when we were going to move, which, funnily, is also in a week. Which reminds me that I still need to go to a cake decorating store to find the plates and pillars I don’t already have and figure out a base for the cake too. Something tells me reality better set in quickly or I’m going to be screwed and end up tossing important documents or packing up garbage.

And in other news, it is also my stepmom's birthday. Happy Birthday Ruth! I apologize there will be no banana cake with white chocolate ganache this year with your name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment