Friday, July 1, 2011

Quiltiness

Ah, to finally start to feel like the craft room/office is becoming such. Ah, now if only I didn’t have to work so I could finally enjoy the room.


Yesterday, after getting home from being called in to work on my day off, I finished folding and stacking my quilting fabric not in my current project folder. Funnily a majority of this is leftover from other projects throughout the years. I’m sure that many of you who have received quilts from me will recognize the fabrics. I suppose it would also be wise to bring in my finished quilt tops from the garage and put them on a shelf too, if only to make it look more quiltier.


While I know this isn’t anywhere near as organized as it should be, it’s a start. Hell, the fact that my fabric isn’t contained within plastic bags anymore is more than a start. Okay, so except for the scraps. I’m thinking I need to empty out a basket or something to put all those in. And all of my fleece and foam for puppet making is still in the garage in a box. And all the batting I hoarded with fifty-percent off coupons and cake order money. Okay, so perhaps in trying to prevent this room from becoming another cluttered chaotic conundrum, I’ll attempt to keep my craft contents in the house to a minimum. Although a cutting table might be nice. Hmmm… I wonder what it would take to turn my old wall cabinet into a table? Other than legs, of course, this might be quite doable. I’ll have to do some measuring to see if this will work.



However, I will say that I finally did the embroidery work on my nephew’s quilt and plan to finish it tonight after the boys go to bed. While it takes hours to do, I find it quite comforting and relaxing, which makes me think I might finally be ready to tackle a hand quilted piece. Might be is the key, so I think I’ll start small.

No comments:

Post a Comment