Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adventures in Babysitting


The other day I got to watch four-year-old twins. We had an amazing time together.

The twins were a little shy when they first arrived, so I decided to check if Sesame Street was on. It was. This also allowed me to finish up what I was doing on the computer, like checking my email and Facebook and Pinterest; you know, the important stuff. Anyway, it didn’t take long for them to warm up, even though our dog Lucy was constantly in their faces… literally. As soon as the credits started rolling, one of the girls grabbed The Muppets and said they wanted to watch that next. I certainly wasn’t going to argue about that! I love the Muppets! Before the day was over, we’d played Uno, ate macaroni and cheese with broccoli (which they LOVED), colored with both crayons and chalk, read The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales (one of my all time favorite books) and danced to the YouTube video “I’m Elmo and I Know It.” We had so much fun and the day was filled with so much silliness that I can’t wait to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment