Wednesday, May 16, 2012

1963 Singer Touch & Sew Deluxe Zig-Zag Model 600 Sewing Machine


Oh Singer, My Singer
Why have I neglected you so?
Yet when push comes to shove
You stumble through a project like a pro.

Dust collects on your outer case
Which somehow manages to find
Itself in every crevice and hole
Including the bobbin wind.

How I adore the fact you have
So many accessories from which to choose
From special feet to special stitch discs
All there for one to casually peruse.

Yes I need to hold down the bobbin
While winding and I regret when not doing so
And when I sometimes forget to do it
You never fail to let me know.

Catch and pull and loud you are
But in the end, you barely miss a stitch
And sometimes you over-sew the same spot
Which ripping is quite the little bitch.

Perhaps what you really need is oil
We all need lubed sometimes
I forget the last time I had you serviced
But long enough to be a crime.

Yet there you sit on your table of wood
Gleaming in oyster enameled metal
Awaiting the next time your needle
Will penetrate fabrics with petals.

Oh Singer, My Singer
Forgive me of my neglectful ways
I promise to soon start using you again
To finish the Fall Quilt before rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment