Saturday, May 12, 2012

Eggs


We have an abundance of eggs as of late. Perhaps it’s time to start selling or hoarding them.

The girls have been extra busy laying lately, probably due to the excessive amount of sunshine we’ve been getting here in the Pacific Northwest. That is great for eating, but realistically, we’d have to each eat two to three eggs a day to keep up with them. Personally, I don’t think I could do that. I mean, if push came to shove and we had no money at all for groceries I know I would make them a staple at the dinner table, but fortunately it hasn’t gotten to that point… yet.

Of course, the reality must also set in that we may not be able to keep the girls for much longer if our living situation does get changed, as in our landlord decides to move back in. Alas, I suppose we will cross that bridge when we get there. So, should we share our hens’s delicious ovas or hoard them for later consumption? That is definitely something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment