Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Job: Day One

Sometimes you go through life wandering from job to job never knowing what you want to do and suddenly, WHAM! you find yourself doing something you never seriously considered. That happened to me.

Okay, so I totally didn’t mean to blog about my job today as it is only a few days until Christmas and there needs to be some posts about recipes and ideas and such, but seriously, I have to. I’ve never worked somewhere that I felt immediately comfortable with my coworkers. Yeah, the quirky bunch I worked with at The-Store-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named was great, but it took a couple weeks for me to, well, be me. I actually think a lot of me came out last week during my working interview, and pretty much anything else yesterday on my first day of work.

Being a veterinary receptionist was not that high on my job search, mostly because the postings for such a job were far and few between. However, with that being said, I’m so thankful my pastor told me about the position because I can’t imagine a better work environment until I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Of course, after doing the telemarketing thing, the retail thing, the hotel thing and the fast food thing, I definitely know what I don’t want to be!

3 comments:

  1. Thrilled to bits that the job is so wonderful. Looking forward to reading lots of animal-related posts in future. Hope your Christmas is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear that you're loving the new job. That's wonderful :)

    My friend Esmeralda was a Veterinary Clinic Receptionist for years up in Bellingham, and she wrote a memoir about the funny things that happened. If you ever feel like reading it, look it up. It's called "Diary of a Pet Fiend."

    xo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always wondering when I will know what it is that I want to do when I grow up. I think I am grown so I am getting a little worried. We all still have time right? Congrats on your job. I just gave notice at mine. Crossing insurance off of my what I should try list...

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete