Monday, January 25, 2010

Craft Room, Part 1

We have a rather small house, but for the two of us, it works out just fine. It is a three bedroom house, so we have the largest as our bedroom, one as the home office, and the other as my craft room which doubles as the guest room.

Currently the craft/guest room is a disaster. I have cake pans stacked in various places on the futon, card tables and side table, as well as on top of a cabinet I keep all of my rubber stamps and accessories in. Almost all of our Christmas wrapping paper, bags, bows, ribbon and tissue paper is on one of the card tables. And I have multiple bags of fleece, foam, Poly-fil, feather boas, faux fur, wire, ping pong balls, felt and foam sheets strewn throughout the room from assembling puppets. How does it get this way? What? You want a visual aid? Okay.


 
So, I thought to myself, “Why did you go through that whole process of organizing the entire room, making sure EVERYTHING had a spot, and then let this happen overnight?” And yes, literally overnight it went from being clean and organized to chaos and destruction. And then it occurred to me. I’m lazy. I don’t like to put things away when I’m done because I don’t want to have to pull everything I need to work on a similar project out again at a future date and/or time. Because of this, the door stays closed at all times. That, and it is my animal-free zone in the house.

While I have a busy week ahead, I am hoping that sometime today I build up the courage to tackle getting my craft room back in order, at least for the most part. I may decide that since my puppet stuff doesn’t have a permanent home yet, it will just end up under the card tables for now. Or if I get real rambitious (yes, I know this is not a real word, but I like inside-jokes that nobody else gets because I’m evil, so it is staying), I just might actually find a permanent location for it all to go. We’ll see.

1 comment: