Saturday, February 6, 2010

Scrapbooking

Way back in the days when I was in my twenties, I used to scrapbook… a lot. I also used to print every picture we took, in doubles, put one set in a photo album, and the other set I would go through for scrapbookable pictures with a story to tell, and place them in a photo box, which is really just an old gift box with nifty Christmas wrapping paper on it, or go directly into a scrapbook if I was eager to work on that specific event. I haven’t had pictures printed since January of 2007.
 

To say I was obsessed would be an understatement. I actually became a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator only for the discount to feed into my addiction, and at the time, that meant you had to have $300 in sales per quarter. Do the math. That’s $1200 a year… for stamps and paper.

When I redid the craft room, I specifically devoted an entire workstation, installed a cabinet, and got a filing cabinet for scrapbooking supplies, as well as storage boxes for stuff to scrapbook, making sure everything coordinated with the bedspread I had just made for the futon, as this room doubles as a guest room. The saddest part is I don’t think I’ve actually scrapbooked since spending all that time and money creating a unique area devoted to this art. I’ve made a few cards, yes, but scrapbooks? I’ve got at least a dozen of them on a shelf in my bookcase just waiting for rubber stamped images, decorations and pictures to complete them.


I’m hoping that once I build up the courage to tackle cleaning up my craft room again, I will be in the mood to, I don’t know, at least start working on our wedding album, as two of the four storage boxes are filled with stuff specifically for it. One box is designated “Scrapbook” and is the hodge-podge of random stuff, like greeting cards, plays and productions, and other various little things I’d like to scrapbook. And then we have our “California 2006” box, which surprisingly is quite full for the four days we were there, as well as a bag of other goodies from our “Disneyworld 2007” trip. Ah memories, that in my aging days are fading away. I just hope I don’t wait too long, look at a picture and ask myself, “What the heck is this in here for?”

No comments:

Post a Comment