Sunday, September 26, 2010

Coffee

Oh, Coffee, my Coffee, how I have missed thee! Let me discuss the ways…

First off, I normally don’t mind most other coffees, so long as they aren’t weak or bitter or so old they taste like urine. I can handle most anything else. However, after yesterday’s coffee fiasco with my machine deciding to go to Coffee Maker Heaven and my failed attempt at using the same grounds (I know, I’m cheap and should’ve ground up a new batch of beans a bit coarser) for my espresso maker to brew a cup of Joe, I stopped by a large retail donut chain and picked up a substandard coffee. It wasn’t undrinkable, it just wasn’t my coffee, and my coffee was really what I was craving.

Much research led me to believe that any attempt to fix the old coffee maker would be futile, so I put the old girl out into the garage… and got a new one. While I would’ve really liked to simply get the newer model of the one I had so that I would have a backup carafe in case of breakage, twice the price of the next step down is quite the inhibitor. Plus, after reading up on the two models, the cheaper version was given a consumer’s best buy and had excellent reviews. I figured I can live with that.

And the verdict? Well, after cleaning it thoroughly and running a straight batch of filtered water and rinsing it out again, this morning’s cup of coffee is delicious and just as good as the other coffee maker. Of course, the beans may make all the difference, but alas, I am in a happy place right now… until I freak out about this rain that doesn’t look like it will ever end and I have to deliver a cake in a few hours that is WAY too large to box.

No comments:

Post a Comment