Thursday, September 16, 2010

Planning Halloween

While some of you are just in the “Thank God school is back in session” mode, I’m thinking about what to do for Halloween. Honestly, I should’ve started planning this months ago.

For years we’ve been the house that handed out full-sized candy bars because, well, we live on a street with no sidewalks or streetlights and only get the diehard trick-or-treaters. And yes, a lot of those trick-or-treaters are teenagers, but my feeling on the matter is if you dressed up for Halloween and are going to go door-to-door, I don’t care how old you are. Besides, I was 18 the last time I went and was only turned down by one person who was giving out stupid spider rings anyway. This year we will probably have to do something different. We’ll see. Usually we only get one box of candy bars, so we might be able to continue the tradition.

Then there is the costume area. Friends of ours are planning on dressing as a couple of Disney villains and were thinking it would be fun to all dress as such. I love the idea. I don’t know how we would be able to pull it off with our finances being the way they are. And with the costume my partner wants to do we would have to start work on it soon. I still don’t know what I would want to be, but am still deciding between two. One would definitely be easier to pull off, but the other would be much more fun.

The only part we wouldn’t have to stress about would be decorating the outside and inside of the house, as we have a rather large collection of Halloween décor. So large, in fact, that it is equal to our Christmas decorations in the amount of space it takes up on one of the shelving units we have in the garage… and we have a lot of Christmas stuff! I wonder when is too early to start decorating?

1 comment:

  1. Early?? It's never early to start decorating for any holiday if you feel it in your heart...so honey you go ahead and start when you feel is OK...I do it around the third weekend of September...and there are tons of people that beat me to it!! ;-)

    Hugs,

    ^A^ngel♥

    ReplyDelete