Monday, July 5, 2010

A Week Alone

My partner is out of town for a week chaperoning our church conference’s youth in Montana. What am I going to do?

First off, I apologize for getting today’s blog up a little later than usual, but I just returned from dropping my partner and our church’s Christian Education Coordinator off in Cedar Hills to caravan to Montana. Secondly, I apologize if this blog isn’t coherent as I’m running on very little sleep.

So with the week alone, okay, so with the dog, cat and eleven chickens and God knows how many fish I won’t be technically alone, I’m not sure what to do with my time. I’ve got a ton of projects I could work on: Testing cupcakes for my aunt’s wedding; starting decorations for same aunt’s wedding; getting stuff together for yet again aunt’s wedding; getting our flock used to mama hen and her chicks… before we go out of town for the aunt’s wedding. Hmmm… I’m sensing a theme here?

Okay, so I’ve got some work cut out before my aunt’s wedding, but there are so many other things I’d like to get done too, and so many sewing and craft projects I want to at least get started if not complete. I’ve had plans for patterns to put up in my Etsy shop for some time now, but no longer have a camera to take pictures as it went to Montana with my partner. Oh wait! I have another camera! Oh wait… my sister has the other camera so she could take pictures of my other sister’s baby being born and afterbirth stuff too and hasn’t given it back yet. Figures… the one time we actually might both need a camera is the one time we only have, uh, one. That’s a lot of “ones” in that sentence.

I do have gardening to do as well, planting a few more things and pulling other stuff out. And weeding, weeding, weeding. Apparently when you put compost on the ground and work it in, the weeds are really appreciative. We’ve even got new weeds I’ve never seen before popping up that will be getting hoed or dug out. Alas, the never ending business of keeping up on the garden. However, with the rest of the week shaping up to be super damn hot, I’ll probably try to get as much of that done today as I can. That way, I’ll have plenty of time to bake while it is in the 90s in a house sans air conditioning. Pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment