Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bacon

Is there anything that doesn’t taste better with bacon? Let me rephrase that: Is there anything food-wise that doesn’t taste better when bacon is added to it.

Hello, my name is Cory, and I’m a baconholic.

It is true that I love bacon and all the wonderfulness that bacon can impart upon the dishes it enhances. I also know that I am not alone in my love of bacon as I have been to people’s houses for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and barbecues and found bacon in a plethora of offerings, from deviled eggs and potato salad to pasta dishes and breakfast casseroles. Yes, bacon is truly a beautiful thing, releasing its salty punch to whatever dish a person can imagine. I’ve decided it’s time to make a cupcake utilizing the Power of Bacon.

As we all know, Elvis, The King of Rock n’ Roll, loved his peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon. Using this as my inspiration, I’m making some banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting sprinkles with coarsely chopped thick-sliced bacon and taking them to a family barbecue today to test out on, well, family. Some people say that family members are the worst people to offer opinions, but I come from a very large and pretty honest family who are usually quite blunt. Trust me, I’ll know if they suck poop.

But more than that, my house will have the lovely aroma of bacon in the air as I fry up a few slices before church and allow them to cool before chopping and sprinkling it onto the freshly frosted cupcakes. Something about that smell brings back happy childhood memories. I don’t know why that is because we rarely ate bacon, but it must be because we had bacon in our lives on occasion those memories are so vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment