Friday, June 25, 2010

Rethinking Dog Blankets

When I put the dog blankets I made to coordinate with the quilt I just finished on the sofa, the first that came to mind was, “My, those look awfully small.” Yep.

After a full day of somewhat being used, the official word on the dog blankets is that for a small dog or cat, these blankets would be fine. However, we don’t have a small dog or a small cat for that matter. I mean, our Lucy is quite massive and while she does squeeze herself into a tiny ball and manage to get herself squarely on one blanket, the process she takes to get into that position ruffles the blanket to the point that it would need to be fixed after each nap.

I’m wondering if it wouldn’t have been better to make a one piece unit to go over both seats that maybe draped a little over the edge, as that seems to be where the blanket gets tripped up from her climbing onto the couch. Of course, with a one-piece unit that would defeat the original purpose of having one for each seat so they can both freely recline without puckering in the middle. Perhaps a little more research is in order. Or perhaps I should’ve learned how to upholster from my grandfather before he passed away, as that is a skill I wish I had in my arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment