Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Tale of Two Homes


I’m not sure why, but I randomly spaced out this morning and started thinking about my childhood. Growing up in a divorced family meant two homes, and with that, two sets of rules. This wasn’t a bad thing as it taught us how to deal with different people in very close situations. Perfect for the work environment in the real world. I may post my arguments here on this blog which make me sound rather, well, unilateral in my decision making, but trust me when I say I can handle and welcome debates from opposite points of view. One thing I miss about working at Crapmart was having such political with a coworker during our lunch hour. Okay, so I really don’t miss those that much as the guy was a complete asshole, but still, it was fun to watch other people think we’d be about to rip each other’s throats out and end the conversation with a handshake.

Growing up with different people meant learning to live with differing capabilities. Perhaps that is also why I have so much patience when it comes to training new people at work. Having brothers, sisters, half-brothers, half-sisters and stepbrothers, meant learning different family dynamics and different rules for various circumstances. Honestly, it could be a bit mind boggling at times, but as a grownup, I’m able to go with the flow in any number of environments. Now, if it only would have helped me have a bit more confidence in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment