Monday, September 10, 2012

Fabric Finds


While we were out of town in Idaho and Eastern Oregon over the weekend, my friend Sarah and I decided to stay in town while my husband and his mom went to the house to drop off the groceries and one of the dogs who decided to hitch a ride. Now, downtown Ontario is nothing to write home about, but I will say there are more cute shops popping up than there used to be. Of course, our real reason for wanting to get out was to check out the local quilt shop. What can we say, fabric has a real appeal.

The shop was cute and had a lot of nice fabric, but nothing that jumped out at us as needing to buy. Feeling a bit defeated, we walked next door to a thrift shop, rather prevalent in this town, which took up the next four shops on the block. It was here we found a section with some interesting yardage. While it was mostly apparel fabric, there was some quilting material to be found. I quickly spotted a monkey themed fabric in brown and grey and a few others I decided to get because they were fun, including a paper drink umbrella fabric. Of course, I have no idea about any of these fabrics as to their fiber makeup, but used my obscene amount of experience spotting polyester and blends to deduct that the ones I got were all cotton. But then we went to the Salvation Army and found a super cute kitten print on yellow that I’m pretty sure is an 80/20 cotton/polyester blend, but don’t care. It has vintage charm.





No comments:

Post a Comment