Friday, September 21, 2012

Spotty Bananas


When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread was my old motto. Now I’m looking to do something different.

Bananas brown pretty quickly in our house. This could be because I’m the only one who eats them as my husband has a violent physical reaction to bananas from a fairly traumatic childhood where he was [gasp!] forced to eat them. I try to buy only what I will eat in a week, but even then they are mushy and far too sweet for my tastes. So, alas, I am in search of something new to do with my brown banana situation. My brain keeps wanting me to look up oatmeal muffins with bananas and walnuts on the internet for a recipe. These would be perfect to freeze individual muffins and toss into my bag for work to eat during my midmorning hunger crisis that I would normally turn to a banana for. And so my weekend mission, should I choose to accept, will be to find a recipe and make the muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment