Friday, September 7, 2012

Quilts


This morning I showed my mother-in-law the Fall Quilt because, well, I wanted to show it off. She loved it and said it was better than some of the quilts displayed at a local quilt show. We may have to check that out today when we go into town for weekend provisions. I mean, it’s not like I want to brag about my quilt being better, I just love looking at quilts and how experienced quilters develop a unique style that makes it easy to spot their work. Then again, I love seeing novice quilters work alongside veterans. Something about passing a longstanding tradition from generation to generation without feeling the need to be constricted by previous rules but embracing new ideas and new structures is appealing. Yes, we will make the time today to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment