Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Internet


I’m an information whore. When I want to research something, I research the shit out of it.

The internet is a magical place, full of hope and wonder and joy… and joyness. Okay, so that is quoting from the YouTube animated hit Candy Mountain, but still, it can apply. It seems that just about anything you want to know more about can be found online. This is a double edged sword. On the one hand, having all this knowledge at your fingertips is great, but then it is difficult to stop because, well, there is just so much of it out there. And then you have to discern which is true and which is crap.

When I’m researching a new recipe because, say, I want to make something I’ve never made before and isn’t similar to another dish I have made, I look up a few recipes online. However, when I’m researching how to make a certain type of quilt block, I get suckered into an abyss of cotton and end up forgetting what I was looking up in the first place. Fail. Worst yet is when is when I’m on Pinterest, find a picture that looks amazing and want to know more about it based off the short description underneath only to find out the link has been removed and I end up spending hours in search of where the original might still be located. Epic fail.

The moral of the story is that the internet is a magical place. But not all magic has good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment