Saturday, May 22, 2010

(Lack of) Motivation

Can somebody please help me find my motivation? I seem to have lost it.

Every once in a while I have a day where I simply do not want to do anything. This is okay for most people, but I have these days when I’ve got a lot going on at the same time. I attribute it to some unconscious decision that causes me to shut down when I get overwhelmed, kind of like a computer that is running too many programs at the same time. Well, today is one of those days.

Yesterday I spent in the kitchen baking and making frosting and decorating cakes. Not like part of the day but from the time I finished blogging (priorities) until eleven-thirty at night I was working on cake stuffs. I remember eating a bowl of Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch (I know, totally healthy, right?) and I’m pretty sure I had a bowl of leftover curry, but the only other things I ate were cake batter and frosting… this is for quality assurance I assure you. If someone orders something made with Splenda and it happens to be a lemon cake with frosting also made from Splenda and I gag while tasting both because it is ass-nasty, I want to be able to tell the customer this before taking it to them just in case they change their mind and want me to make it with real ingredients not formed in a chemistry lab and when they don’t I at least told them ahead of time this is ass-nasty and my dog wouldn’t even go near it.

Anyway, so this morning my head is pounding, probably from the obscene amount of sugar I ate during taste-testing, my throat is sore, again I’ll blame sugar, and my back and feet feel like someone ran me over with their Cadillac Escalade. I’m hoping the aspirin and coffee breakfast will take care of the aches and pains, but still I have some final touches on one of the cakes to pump out before driving it a half-hour away to Lewisville Park before heading back into town to take two sheet cakes and fifty cupcakes to our friend’s funeral and I just hope I can get there in time for it. So what am I doing? Blogging about it, and even that took a lot to get out of me as I stared at the laptop monitor’s blinking cursor for half-an-hour before realizing I needed to write about not having motivation because I feel completely unmotivated. However, now that I’ve written it, does that mean that I’ve found my motivation to get showered and finish everything I need to get done? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment