Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rain

Living in the Northwest, rain is a pretty common occurrence. I love the rain, but even I am getting tired of the incessant wetness we’ve had this spring.

I really shouldn’t complain about the horrendous amount of rain we’ve been getting lately, as our reservoir levels are all full now which hasn’t happened in years, but seriously this is getting ridiculous. Even on days the weather forecasters predict to be nice turn out to have torrential downpours and adds another couple inches of total rainfall to the month.

The only plus side is the gardens seem to be enjoying the massive amount of nutrient rich watering, but alas, the weeds have gone rampant as well. Our grass is soggy and is getting too tall. There are pools around the gutter downspout runoff diverters and I’m quite afraid to look in the crawl space of the house for fear that it is a wading pool down there now.

Oh, how I long for the summery days of winter we had so many months ago! Dramatic? Yes. True? Also a resounding yes. Funnily, I don’t even care if the sun comes out, I just want to be able to go outside so I can clean out the chicken coop and weed the vegetable garden without getting drenched and weighed down from the rain.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I try to not whine too much about the rain. But this spring has sprung my whiney. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete