Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Stash Dilemma


Looking at my fabric stash, I’ve come to the conclusion that I really need to start sewing again. Now, if only I could find out where I left my motivation!

A majority of my stash is fabric leftover from past projects. When I buy fabric, I tend to buy it by the yard, as in a full yard or in yard increments. The other way I buy is fat quarters, especially when I see one that will work perfectly for a project I’m working on but can’t find yardage of it, or the price dictates a fat quarter would be enough. Over the past couple years I’ve started getting precuts, mostly from Moda in the form of Layer Cakes and Charm packs, as a way to easily coordinate a project. However, I find it much more difficult to cut into those than yardage. And then, of course, there is the fabric I bought that I slap my head and ask, “What the hell was I thinking?!”


Alas, the time has come to make another quilt before I finish piecing the top of That 70s Quilt which I will use as my fall/winter hand-quilting project. Perhaps, just perhaps, a lap quilt for an upcoming birthday is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment