Thursday, October 28, 2010

Balance

It seems that with me starting work again, the housework, chores and animals are getting less attention than they should be. I guess that means I need to plan how to bring balance to my life again.

After waking up, starting coffee, feeding the animals and getting cakes baking in the oven first thing this morning, I realized just how out of practice I am at getting everything done before work like I used to be able to do. And last night after work and having to go grocery shopping (in business attire, no less… probably should’ve taken off my tie at least) I was exhausted after putting everything away, feeding the animals and changing into more comfortable clothes. I don’t remember it being like this when I worked in retail where I was on my feet all day, but then again, that was almost two years, so I’m really out of practice.

So while I am decorating a cake tonight after work, I plan on making a plan. I plan on figuring out how to balance work and home life again so I don’t get into a routine where I never cook or clean anymore and the laundry piles up to the point there are 6 loads a week, which, yes, I know isn’t a lot, but for two people is an enormous amount. The most important thing I need to remember while planning is the chickens, as with them being outside I’m not attending to their needs as often as the cat and dog. Oy, that reminds me… I forgot to collect eggs yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment