Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Decorating

With Halloween just over a week away, it’s time to start putting out those decorations. Unless, of course, you fall into one of two camps; you want to surprise your trick-or-treaters on Halloween night or you already have decorated… or a third option is you’re a Jehovah’s Witness and don’t celebrate holidays, in which case, you probably won’t be decorating anyway.

Our street is busy, has no sidewalks, and has no streetlamps. Due to these constraints we either get the diehard trick-or-treaters, the minivan trick-or-treaters or teenagers. So it comes as no surprise that there aren’t too many houses in our area decorated for this particular event. We, on the other hand, put out practically every Halloween themed decoration we have. As far as outdoor décor goes, there are only a few things that get put out until October 31st arrives, mostly due to the fact that the electronic stuff really shouldn’t stay outside for that long. Signs, creepy topiaries and tombstones, however, are already out in the front yard.

Inside the house is another question. I’m not really sure I want to go about decking the halls with boughs of spider infested cobwebs this year, but we’ll see. I know the priorities this weekend are getting our costumes ready, which will also entail a trip to the fabric store for my partner. For myself, I have no idea what I’m going to go as, since my original plan will not only be too costly, but time consuming to put together. Thank goodness I’ve got a ton of leftover costumes I can mix & match to create a new one.

3 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! Good luck on mixing and matching ;-) Will looove to see what u come up with...

    Hugs,

    ^A^ngel♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to rock your socks off...Australians dont celebrate Halloween.

    How sucky is that? So this weekend I dont have to worry about costumes and decorating or whether I have enough candy for the hordes that will descend on my house next weekend.

    But I loved reading about your plans for Halloween. You have such uber-cool holidays in the US. We tend not tomake a big deal out of anything here exccept Easter and Christmas. Even Australia day is very low key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sad! Halloween is my favorite time of the year. But I have to admit, as much as I love Halloween, I'm very much looking forward to Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete