Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Projects

With the Uninspired Quilt nearly finished, I find myself wanting to start my fall projects. And yes, I know that fall is here.

I was hoping to be done and over with the Uninspired Quilt at least a month ago so I could begin work on my fall quilt and pet covers for the sofa, but alas, other projects took precedent. And then there was the situation of not finding a pattern I liked enough. I’m beginning to think these precuts fabrics are more of a challenge then I originally thought. I mean, I think they’re a great way to get an entire fabric line, but at the same time with all of those choices it can sometimes be overwhelming.

So for my fall quilt I’m using Sandy Gervais’s Mix & Mingle Jelly Roll from Moda and picked up extra yardage of her solid brown, which has a wonderful textured look to it. The strips could be easy to work with if I choose a pattern that will translate well, but at the same time I don’t want to just throw something together without giving it careful thought. I mean, there was some hard-earned cake making money involved in that purchase! However, I want to finish the quilt before we decorate for Christmas! I know I wrote a few days ago that I had narrowed down my choices to a couple different patterns, but now I’m having second thoughts. I guess a little more internet research, Moda Bake Shop recipes and quilt book browsing might have to be in order after church this morning.

The one thing I could probably finish relatively quickly is the pet cover for the sofa. I’m thinking that while I really liked having two of them, perhaps I should try to design a single, table runner style for the fall version. I have a Moda Charm Pack of Sandy Gervais’s Gobble Gobble and some leftover fabric from another project in mind for it. For the back I’ll do what I did with the last ones, which is raid my stash of fleece I originally bought for puppet making and quilt onto it. Don’t want to spend any more money on it than I have to as these are simply to cover the rips and tears in the sofa from our dog, Lucy, and keep them as clean as possible. Seriously, if your pets do sleep on your sofas, use an old blanket or make or buy a pet cover for them. Being able to throw it into the wash once a week has dramatically reduced how dirty the sofa gets.

Ah, so many plans and so many other plans to get in the way. If only there was a little pill I could take to focus? Uh oh. I think I’ve got the topic for tomorrows post.

1 comment:

  1. I think your bear turned out really cute...Don't you if I would wait so long to eat it though :P...

    Hopefully you put a last "note" on that one! :P

    Hugs,

    ^A^ngel♥

    ReplyDelete