Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby Blanket Blues

I’ve got the baby blanket blues. More accurately, the greens and browns.

I seem to be stuck in a rut. Somewhere along the line of trying to come up with some design for inspiration or anything to make the latest baby blanket, I’ve dug myself into a hole that I can’t crawl out of. After purchasing multiple prints of greens and browns, as requested per the mother, it seems that my creative ability to turn that fabric into a quilt has, well, been dissolved into a pile of fat quarters. Something tells me that this has a lot to do with the fact that I’ve been focused on my Fall Quilt as of late and not so much on any of the other projects. However, something else tells me that I don’t want to start on the quilt without an idea of where I’m going with it either.

And so tonight after work I’ll probably continue to work on the Fall Quilt. Why? Because I at least have an idea of what I’m doing with it. Hopefully tomorrow after going to the Holiday Gift Fair I will be inspired to start the baby blanket. Figures. Typing the word “fair” just made me think of fairies which also made me think of frogs which makes me think using that as a basis for a baby girl’s quilt would be fabulously fantastic. Funny where inspiration comes from. Especially when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment