After watching more episodes of The Vampire Diaries, my latest Netflix Instant View addiction, I cleaned up the kitchen, did a little laundry, then started working on the next quilt block for the Fall Quilt. I probably could have gotten all of the blocks done if I hadn’t been watching television, but alas, I seem to be a sucker for something part Smallville, part Dawson’s Creek with a touch of Anne Rice thrown in for good measure. I’m not sure if it was all the blood viewing that made me do this, but I decided to use a little solid red for a couple of the blocks to add a pop of color and for use as filler as I will barely have enough of my chosen fabric collection to finish the top.
Once I finished a couple blocks, I decided it would probably be a good idea to plan out the remaining to make sure there would be enough color variation. Sure enough, there was going to be a slight issue… or so I thought at first. Each block consists of five different fabrics, but some of the pieces are small and only use a portion of the Jelly Roll. Alas, after my first cut on the next block I’d already made up for one of the remaining block’s missing pieces. Basically, from what I’ve gathered, I’ll be able to make the quilt top using half as much fabric as it calls for in the book, Material Obsessions. Of course, I’m thrifty and cut with very little waste.