Monday, November 7, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Lately my time has been fairly occupied, mostly with school plays, which hasn’t left a whole lot of time for quilting. Hopefully this week I’ll be able to get back into the groove.

I’ve been slacking on quilting, that much is certain. With all the time I’ve spent this weekend away from the house it hasn’t been much of a priority. However, with this week and the plays all over (sadly) I need to get back to working on a couple quilts that have to be finished before the end of the month. Doable? Completely. Will I accomplish such a task? Doubtful… outlook is grim.

What I do know is that the commission baby quilt and my donation for a silent auction to help the youth group from our church go to the big national event this upcoming summer have to be done. So perhaps instead of complaining I need to figure out what the hell I’m going to do for both of these quilts! I’ve already decided that the auction quilt will have to be made with what I already have in my stash whereas the baby quilt will mostly be made with the green and brown fat quarters I picked up last week, along with a few other choices and possibly some original panels if I can’t think of a particular theme.

And so it appears that my Fall Quilt will take the back burner yet again, just in time for Christmas to come and go without my Christmas Quilt even started as well. Alas, my timing is off and I need to keep that in mind when I pick up these projects. Of course, nothing says I have to stop working on it just because it won’t be ready nor start working on the Christmas Quilt because the time is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment