Friday, November 4, 2011

Quilting Challenges

Does anyone else go through color challenges and comes up with nothing? I’ve got that going on right now.

A friend of mine is having a baby and requested a green and brown baby blanket. Normally I wouldn’t hesitate at such a challenge and simply make a majority of the quilt those colors, but this time I’m wondering if it is indeed possible to only work with those two colors… and some ivory to help balance, so perhaps I’ve already broken the rule. As I was perusing fabric choices, part of me wished that I could simply add a little aqua to the mix, as those three colors seem to be pretty hot right now in the fabric world. Alas, I restrained myself.

So, herein lies the dilemma. I got fabric that reminds me of the mother. If I could find druid fabric, I’d love to throw a little of that in there too, but really, how does one turn that into fabric? I suppose a few Celtic prints could make their way in. Or, perhaps this is my chance to design something new and try out the printable fabric I’ve had laying for years and create a one-of-a-kind feature print to tie everything together. I guess the moral of the story is that when life throws challenges at you, change the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment