Saturday, November 12, 2011

Steam Cleaner

Sometimes you can only live with nasty carpets for so long. Apparently my husband had had enough.

Yesterday we went to a wedding, but because I was coming from work and my husband was coming from home we took separate cars. And since he left a few minutes before I did after the wedding was over I was expecting him to be back home by the time I got there. Alas, he was not. It was then that I checked my phone and saw a text message from him saying that he was going to check out steam cleaners. So it was twenty minutes later my husband opens the door and drags in this huge box. Yes, he’d gone and bought a steam cleaner.



Normally this would be a freak out moment, as our finances are not the greatest, however, he bought it with a gift card from his mother he got for his birthday. Now typically I would be the one to get myself kitchen gadgets or household chore items so this would be perfectly normal for a purchase I’d make, but he apparently felt the need to have clean carpets and bought a Bissell ProHeat 2X Pet.

So picture if you can, two guys still dressed up for the wedding we had just attended, steam cleaning the carpets and thoroughly disgusted at the horrific color the dirty water reservoir had become. It was quite the sight, I assure. But the true test was going to be when the carpet dried completely. And the verdict (after spending a few hours at a bar with some of my family for the after party for those of us who aren’t against the consumption of alcohol)? They smell so much better and look as good as they did when they were professionally cleaned. I guess the real test will be if I can find a recipe for a solution to use in the machine that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and works just as amazingly.

(Pictures are from the Bissell website www.bissell.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment