Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Projects Versus Chores

When torn between doing what you want and doing what needs to be done, the choice seems obvious. But why does it have to be so?

I know I’ve written on this matter before, but the fact still remains that nothing motivates me to clean the house more than being able to have a little me time to be creative. It actually is the creative process that allows me to legitimize my attempts at balancing housework with craftwork. I say attempts because sometimes I get too involved in one over the other. However, the process still helps.

Carefully writing down all the tasks that need to be done into two columns, one side Wants and one side Needs, will help to organize everything you want to accomplish. Personally I do this in my head… most of the time. When I’m especially unfocused, it does help to have it written down and placed somewhere central, like the refrigerator. And so today I will attempt to balance the Needs of cleaning the carpet, vacuuming, laundry, dishes and bathing the dog with the Wants of starting my commission baby quilt, church youth auction quilt, another Desperate Housewife’s Quilt block and figuring out what design to do for our Christmas cards this year. Does anyone else do this or am I just an oddball?

No comments:

Post a Comment