Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

With Christmas only a mere forty days away, it is probably time for us crafters to think about gifts we’d like to make. Or have I procrastinated this yet again?

Actually, a majority of crafters start their Christmas gifts months in advance. I used to start in September back in the day, but lately I haven’t been inspired to bother or have been busy with other projects. I’ll allow myself to be told this is the case. However, I know it’s because I’ve yet again procrastinated. Surprising? Not at all. I’ve been a procrastinator all my life. But realizing just how close Thanksgiving is made me also realize that Christmas is not far behind it.

So, what to make this year? My brain is aflutter with ideas and at the same time empty of ones that have any possibility of coming to fruition. However, another thought occurred to me, which is that it has been a few years since I’ve made Christmas ornaments. That used to be my expected gift to family, but the last few years have been, well, crappy, so my Christmas Spirit had been replaced with Bah Humbug. Perhaps it is time to once again start up this tradition.

Forty days until Christmas. Where did this year go?

1 comment:

  1. It flew by too fast, that's for sure. I'm still at a loss for some of the items I want to make for my eight-year old daughter.

    She loves the Monster High dolls, so I guess I'll be creating outfits for them. She loves to sew also, so I guess I'll purchase some fabric for her, so she can whip up her own designs.

    I still have a ton of cards to make.

    Wishing you luck in getting all your projects completed before Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete