Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Fabric


Do you ever intend to do one thing and end up doing the exact opposite of what you said you were going to do? That’d be me yesterday.

I specifically told myself when I went shopping for fabric yesterday for my birthday present from my husband, “No Kate Spain and no Sandy Gervais.” Well, the quilt shop I went to, Fiddlesticks (www.fiddlesticksquiltshop.com), didn’t have any Sandy Gervais, but I did end up buying a bundle of Kate Spain’s new line, Good Fortune. Shoot. I tried. Honestly, I tried to look at some of the more muted and subtle tones of French General or 3 Sisters, but I was immediately drawn to Kate’s modern take on Asian influenced design. Maybe to torture myself I’ll wait until after I work on the Flying Geese Quilt using Central Park before digging into this pile of luscious cotton.



Another surprise came from our good friends Rob and Sarah: Lorax fabric! I share my birthday with Dr. Seuss and love all things Seussical and can’t wait to make something with them. I don’t know if it will be a quilt because I’m thinking they would make absolutely adorable market bags, which would totally fit the theme of The Lorax. We’ll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment