Thursday, March 22, 2012

That 70s Quilt: Chain Piecing


With ninety-nine blocks to piece, there is really only one efficient way to do it; chain piecing. Now when am I going to find the time to do this?

The foreseeable future is filled with projects and meetings and various activities that will keep me away from sewing. The nearly three inches of snow outside my window is telling me I should also head in to work a little early just in case the roads are a bit slushy. The other day, however, I was able to chain piece the first two rows in the first two columns in That 70s Quilt together. By that, I mean now two blocks are now joined as one.


With a meeting or two (I can’t be sure of dates and schedules anymore) tonight at church and a ninetieth birthday cake to make for Sunday, my weekend is already taken. Alas, next week I might be able to work on it once again. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment