Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring is Springing


Spring has definitely arrived. My allergies are in full attack mode.

A couple weeks ago I noticed that out of nowhere my throat was itchy, eyes were watery and there was an excess of phlegm that had obviously been dripping down my sinus cavities overnight. Joy. It must be crocus season. However, it passed rather quickly so I thought I would only have a mild reaction to the rest of spring’s arrival. Wrong. It’s back with a vengeance and not even generic Claritan can alleviate all the symptoms. Oh, it quiets them down like lowering the volume on the radio, but you can still hear the chatter of snot bubbles and throat clearing.

Allergies be damned! It won’t stop me from planting flowers (only the lack of money will do that!) or mowing the lawn (okay, I usually don’t do that) or enjoying the outdoors when everything is in bloom, but it will remind me that I need to take some precautionary measures to enjoy it all, like take a pill every day. Curses. Perhaps infecting myself with hookworms to cure my allergies wouldn’t be such a bad thing after all. Then again, the idea of being horribly sick for weeks afterwards doesn’t sound so pleasant either. Alas, for now, I’ll stick with a pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment