Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pinterest Comment Wars


Apparently leaving a comment on a pin that you Like can lead an entirely new adventure. This adventure will henceforth be known as The Pinterest Comment Wars.

Clicking through Pinterest (http://pinterest.com) the other day, an online pin board like one would use when trying to plan a party menu or decorate a home by tearing out recipes or ideas from magazines and putting them together, I clicked that I liked a certain pin I found humorous. I left a comment because the few other comments seemed a bit ignorant and didn’t think anything of it. Within a day, it was war.

Argument after counterargument over Biblical interpretation, Hebrew and Greek words that have been grossly mistranslated, and responses that didn’t actually respond to the previous comments ensued. It was exhilarating. I love debating and I’m glad I got to do it with a couple of people who write well so I didn’t have to translate their words. I don’t agree with their answers or their logic that it’s okay for them to pick and choose which parts of the Bible to continue to follow while at the same time proclaiming the whole works as the word of God, but in the end we all agreed that we would never change each others positions and thanked each other for the conversation. A few minutes later, the original pinner deleted the pin, which made me sad because I felt we had all opened up a subject well worth studying.



No comments:

Post a Comment