Sunday, March 11, 2012

Over Half Way


As tempting as it is, I’m really trying not to start another project until at least the top of That 70s Quilt is completed. Hopefully I can keep temptation away!

Dog bathed? Check. Toilets, sink and shower scrubbed and mirrors washed? Check. Laundry done? Check. Vacuuming and spot cleaning with the carpet cleaner done? Check. Excellent. As a reward, I decided to work on a few more blocks for That 70s Quilt yesterday afternoon.


With my pile now at over halfway sifted through, the color choices are getting more and more difficult. I finally incorporated some yellow into the mix, but honestly, I’m not a yellow person. Now oranges and greens, absolutely, but yellow? Not so much. With that being said, I’m thinking of limiting the amount of yellow I work into this quilt, even though I already cut out the ten inch squares from my rather limited stash. My favorite combination so far is orange and red.


Working with solids is nice, but I can’t wait to dive into the prints. Even though they will simply be cut into eight-and-a-half-inch squares, I think that is when it is going to hit me that I can start the real design process. So to break up the solids conundrum, I felt the need to add a red, white and blue with stars block to the mix to commemorate the United States of America’s bicentennial that happened in the seventies. Using fabric from a long since abandoned quilt project that never even got started, I cut out the distressed red and blue with stars fabric and added a white square from the pile. I knew I needed the three colors, but I’m pretty sure I’m only going to add one of these three blocks to the quilt. The problem is I just don’t know which one.


So I suppose today will be more of the same until I have at least fifty wonky 9-patches. Unless, of course, I start another project…

No comments:

Post a Comment