Thursday, March 15, 2012

That 70s Quilt: Cutting


I finally cut into my Alexander Henry In the Kitchen fabric. That felt good… really good.

After months of not wanting to touch the In the Kitchen line, it was almost a relief to slice into it. I finally had finished all of my wonky blocks for the quilt and was ready to move on to the next step, cutting everything down to eight-and-a-half inches when I decided to go ahead and cut out the squares from the fabric I’ve been holding onto for oh so long. It felt fantastic!


So now I have to trim down my wonky 9-patches to the same eight-and-a-half inches as the Alexander Henry squares. On the ones where it is super obvious I used multiple fabrics to create the same wonky style it will be a chance to trim the up a little different. With fifty blocks to trim, it appears I already know what my night is going to look like after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment