Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Decorating

Instead of being in a humbug mood due to the crappiness of our situation, I’m planning on getting as much Christmas decorating done as I can today. We already unboxed the tree and plugged it in.

I know that many people prefer “live” trees (also known as dead trees since they’ve been cut down) but after years of being unable to find fresh cut trees to our liking we finally decided to go the fake tree route and haven’t returned since. Of course, the best time to buy a fake tree is right after Christmas, which is when I purchased our current one after it was 75% off. Yes, that meant that we wouldn’t be able to set it up until the following year, but we also saved an assload of money by going this route. More than likely it will be decorated with its customary blend of glass and Star Trek ornaments.

The stockings will be hung, the valences dressed in foliage and décor and the wreath on the front door. I’m uncertain what else we’ll do, but I’m looking forward to listening to Christmas music from our replica Crosley radio while decorating. And perhaps if I get really ambitious, I’ll start putting together my Christmas Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment