Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Scrubs

Nothing is more unattractive on a person than ill-fitting scrubs. Scrubs aren’t known for their sexy factor, but when they don’t fit it’s just awful.

I just started a job at a veterinary clinic last week and yes, the required uniform is scrubs. I was allowed to go through the assortment they kept at the clinic and take my pick, which for me was pretty slim. First of all, I’m a guy, and most of the scrubs were quite feminine. Second of all, I’m six feet tall and trying to squeeze into a medium sized scrub top was, shall we say, difficult, but getting out of it was rather entertaining.

However, there is something to be said about scrubs as opposed to dress clothes for work. I mean, you get dog crap on a tie and it’s goodbye tie, but the same thing happens to a pair of scrubs and you just toss them into the washer… perhaps with an extra scoop of Borax, because, well, poop. Of course, I don’t know how I’d feel about this when I start making some tops out of super fun animal themed fabric I’ve seen lately in the quilt shops and fabric stores. And of course I opened up my big mouth about not finding much in there and may end up making my own to which the office girls now all want me to make them some too.

But for now I’ve got a pair of bottoms and a few tops, only one of which I picked out. As one of the other receptionists was going through the communal scrubs for Keeps and Donations, she came across a couple that would fit me. One of them was just a simple burgundy with nothing else on it and the other was Lion King. So today I’m wearing the latter, even though it is only graced with images of Simba and Nala. However, one of the receptionists said she’d wear her Timon and Pumba one today so we could coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment