Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ode to Lucky Bamboo

Oh, Bamboo
‘Tis my ode to thee
If only you were
Truly Lucky

Perhaps then I’d have a job
And money in the banks
And not be going through foreclosure
This Christmas time, so thanks

For nothing, that is
For the only lucky you’ve wrought
Is bad luck and for that
I thank you not

And so with your death
I bid to thee a farewell and adieu
But don’t think I will ever
Shed a tear for you


p.s. – I’m keeping your vase, for it has a frog on it and I like frogs.

p.p.s. – I suck at poetry, which is why I wrote a poem for my “lucky” bamboo’s death.

1 comment:

  1. OK I had to tell you about MY lucky bamboo. It,too, died after several years. I have a black arm :>) Anyway, I threw it out my front door as far as I could throw it. It has been 2 monthssince I got rid of it and have won 3 giveaways from different blogs. So don't give up on your job hunting. The good one is coming up.

    ReplyDelete