Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Morning Sickness

Okay, so I realize today’s topic is a little, uh, gross, but hear me out. I’ve had morning sickness since I was a kid.

The thing about this particular sickness is the inability to eat breakfast, which, for the most part is fine if you have time a little later in the day to eat something. However, the constant churning, growling and burping caused by this can be quite annoying in an office environment. Whether it is caused by acid reflux, stress, anxiety or a bacteria, the symptoms all seem to be the same. On some occasions it’s so bad it leads to vomiting up bile, which, is quite disgusting and usually leads to more vomit.

So, after a particularly embarrassing day at work yesterday where I threw up during the morning meeting, I decided to do a little research to find out what exactly causes this and how to get rid of it. On the one hand there are quite a few people who have all the same symptoms I do every morning, but on the other hand there is no clear answer for how to solve the problem. Balls. Short of seeing a doctor, I’m going to try a few suggestions that seem to have worked for others, like drinking more water throughout the day (which with my Irish bladder will be fun), and eat a banana first thing in the morning. I ate the banana before my stomach started getting too angry and drank a ton of water yesterday, so we’ll see if this helps. If after twenty years of dealing with this is all it’d take to keep it under control, I’m going to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment