Friday, December 3, 2010

Surprise Wedding

You know when you are planning on attending a wedding next summer and then, SURPRISE! it’s been changed to Saturday? Maybe that only happens in my family.

Well my stepdad is remarrying his third wife this Saturday. The first time the marriage was annulled within six months, but the two have remained close since. I’m pretty sure that the main reason it didn’t work the first time was because of the kids, but now that each of their kids are grown I think they’ll fare a better chance. We’ll see. After all, they are both feisty, passionate and stubborn, which is too much alike. But then again, that combination seems to attract like-minded mates.

Anyway, so instead of planning a wedding cake for next summer, I’m having to come up with a design today. This wouldn’t be so difficult except that we offered to watch our friends’s nephews overnight, have our nephew’s birthday party to go to, and, oh yeah, I still have to make the cake! Fun day ahead, along with going to WorkSource for a couple job leads I want to apply for, the Health Department to renew my food handler card, and possibly the craft store for a cake topper. Good thing I got fired Wednesday otherwise I wouldn’t have so much time to get all this done!

So while I am happy for my stepdad, who seems to be really happy about all of this, I’m a bit saddened for the rest of the family, but only a bit. You see, they already had a big wedding the first time around and everyone was there for it, so thirteen years later when they are doing it again, I don’t really see a need for a repeat performance. My hope is that they make it work this time because they both deserve to be happy, and if that means finding each other again, then I wish them all the best. In the mean time, I’ve got a cake to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment