Thursday, December 30, 2010

Macho

No, this isn’t what you think it’s about. Alas, I’m blogging about Macho, a long-term boarder at the veterinary clinic I work.

Macho is a toy poodle. Actually he’s a teacup size and weighs about three pounds and shakes and whines constantly when not being held. Because he is a long-term boarder, we usually have him out in the reception area with us to keep him company and his whining to a minimum. Spoiled much? I don’t think this behavior was learned at the clinic, but at home where he was probably held and carried everywhere. Not very macho.

However, yesterday as I had him in my lap petting him constantly to keep him from whining, he decided to crawl up my shoulders and stand on my neck and head. I was afraid that he’d break himself if he fell so I had to hold onto his tiny little legs. Eventually I had to answer the phone, so I put him down, to which he immediately started to shake and shiver.

This got me thinking about dogs being pampered too much and how our dog is so incredibly low maintenance by comparison. She mostly sleeps, doesn’t pee everywhere (as Macho seems fond of climbing his kennel and peeing while at the very top), and while loves to have attention, doesn’t need it all the time. I can definitely tell that simply by working at this veterinary clinic it is going to change how I feel about my dog’s sometimes quirky attitude. Alas, now it is time to get ready for work… and give Macho a little more attention. However, I think I’m going to refrain from letting him climb onto my head today!

1 comment:

  1. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง pg slot เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete