Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Overwhelmed

It seems that, even though I’m unemployed again, I’ve bitten off more than I should have. It’s my own damn fault.

Christmas is ten days away and we have only got two presents under the tree; our church’s directory should have been done weeks ago but I’m barely a third of the way through entering in the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses; postcard mailings for work we’re doing with the Children’s Alliance need to be need to be, uh, designed and sent off; I’ve got to go over my lines for our choir’s Christmas cantata this Sunday as the narrator… with a puppet; second interview tomorrow for a job I’m hoping to get; and somehow find time to bake cookies this weekend too. It’ll be an exciting adventure.

Oh well, I’m sure I’ll have the time to do it all, it just seems that I take on all these projects not thinking that many of them will end up being due at the same time. Then again, keeping busy is a way to keep me focused, but alas, too much and my body shuts down and doesn’t get anything done. So I suppose I will make a list and prioritize what needs to be done first, finish it, then move on to the next. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment