Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Reflections

Just when it seemed that this year will end up being the worst Christmas we’ve ever had, due to multiple factors, things started looking up. In fact, this has already been one of my favorites.

With the tree decorated and presents beneath it, the North Pole Village out on display, stockings hung on the fire screen and cards galore gracing the poor excuse for a fireplace mantel while Brenda Lee sings Christmas songs, it certainly feels like Christmas Morning. As crappy as this year has been for our household, I’m glad we didn’t let it ruin Christmas. After all, there is more to life than owning a home, even if it is one that you’ve grown quite attached to over the years. Besides, it has so many problems that need to be addressed they probably won’t be able to sell it without having to put at least half of what the house is worth into fixing the issues, and that brings a smile to my face.

However, even though I tend to hold grudges for much longer than a regular person, take my unapologetic stance on The-Store-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, I have a feeling that the lessons we’ve learned this year will help us for the better. We have an incredible support system of family and friends and are so thankful for all of them.

Alas, this is Christmas Morning. And while I sit here blogging, drinking a hot cup of Starbuck’s Christmas Blend coffee from beans I found in my stocking this morning, it is Christmas and there are presents to be unwrapped. So with that, I bid you and yours a Merry Christmas with a hope that it is filled with magic. Let Peace, Love and Hope be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment