Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter Wedding

Last night’s wedding went off without a hitch. And the orange cardamom cake was absolutely delicious.

Upon arriving at our destination, we noticed that there were quite a few people, many more than I had originally planned and made cake for. However, within a half-an-hour it became quite obvious that one party was just ending and what we found ourselves in the midst of was the combination of a very large reception and a very small wedding. I didn’t know this at first, and did a little freaking out about not having enough cake when out pops a Costco cake dressed in the same colors I did the wedding cake in. The homeowner and I reorganized the table to make a pleasing arrangement with their two Old English Sheep Dogs weaving around us.

With everything set, I walked away to mingle. A few minutes later, I noticed the people in the house halved as I went to check on the cakes to make sure none of the random children in the house had decided to sample them. Fortunately they didn’t, and now were absent from the picture, but now we had way too much cake. Oh well. It happens.

The wedding was beautiful and my stepdad’s vows actually made me cry, and I don’t cry at weddings. Even the homeowner was amazed at how quickly her and her husband’s living room was transformed into a wedding chapel, complete with an unobstructed view of the Columbia River behind the wall of nearly floor to ceiling windows. I now see why the bride wanted to have the wedding here, and honestly I think a winter wedding was a wise choice. Mostly because it allowed me to pipe snowflakes all over and use Christmas picks and rainbow LEDs on the cake.


And the orange cardamom cake? Divine. I’m still debating over whether to share the recipe, but I’m sure I’ll reveal it in tomorrow’s post. After all, it was far too delicious to simply keep to myself, and far too easy to hide it away. Unlike my chocolate chip cookie recipe which requires three days to make, and nobody will ever have it. I’m taking that one to the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment