Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Job

A first day at any new job is bound to be nerve racking. But today I’m actually excited.

While I must admit a bit of nervousness on my part, I’m mostly ecstatic about working in a veterinary clinic. After my full day of a working interview I got to know the people I’d be working with and it’s pretty obvious we’ll all get along great. Not only that, but I got to know a lot of the responsibilities of the position I applied for and everything is completely doable on my part, so training today should be a breeze.

Of course, there is always the unexpected. I’m awaiting the curveball today. Will it be a customer? A service? Forgetting to explain the medication administering instructions? I don’t know. Unlike with my last job, I actually want to try and prove myself. Not that I didn’t do my best at telemarketing, I just didn’t have any passion behind it because I didn’t believe in the tactics involved or the office politics.

Hopefully the nerves will subside because, funnily, I wasn’t at all nervous during the working interview. However, now that I have the job there is a higher expectation… both on my part and theirs.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you did fine, and am waiting for how the day went. I am so happy for you on getting a job.

    ReplyDelete