Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Blanket

Ugh, I’m having some creative issues on my sister’s baby blanket. I definitely should’ve drawn out a plan before starting it.

Okay, so when I made my other sister’s baby blanket and posted the step-by-step instructions on this blog, I figured I’d gotten all the little kinks worked out. However, I must have forgotten about the worst kink of all… the creative one. I usually have a simple drawing with what the basic plan is for the blanket and, if needed, templates for the center appliqué figure. I didn’t do any of that with this blanket and the sad part is that I can’t post the specifics about the blanket to get some feedback from you because, well, my sister reads this blog. My other sister doesn’t so I didn’t feel any pressure posting how I made her little boy’s blanket.

Alas, I’ll have to tough it out. Perhaps I may even have to make a quick sketch just to have something to go off of before I get too involved in the project and have it turn into another Uninspired Quilt. Yes, I definitely need to do that. And I definitely need to find just one more fabric for the border. Maybe then I won’t be so nervous about the project!

1 comment:

  1. Dang you my beautiful pregnant cousin... I want to know what it looks like. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete