Monday, January 10, 2011

No Sewing Whatsoever

I wanted to get some sewing done over the weekend. Our guests had other plans.

Having a craft room that doubles as a guest room and having a two and three year old guest staying for the weekend meant no time for sewing. Not even during naptime since I put the sewing machine in there before Christmas. I knew that decision would come back to bite me in the ass.

Oh well, it’s not like I had any projects with deadlines on them that needed to be done. I was just hoping that the first non-holiday weekend after the busy rush would allow me some much needed time with my 1963 Singer Touch-N-Sew Deluxe Zig Zag Model sewing machine. I mean, if I really wanted to sew I could’ve toyed around with the 1948 Singer my partner’s mother bought me at a garage sale last summer, but it needs serviced badly and I don’t want to break it in by literally breaking it.

And so I thought that perhaps after we took the kiddos home after church yesterday I could sew, however, there mother had errands to run and we didn’t end up getting them home till after seven and by then I was too exhausted to think. Alas, I don’t know how fulltime parents do it, because this extreme part-time thing is kicking my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment